Scroll down for more information
The Bucket and Spade Ride is taking a break…for now
There will be no summer ride to Blackpool and no fish and chips… sorry!
A big thank you to all previous riders, volunteers, charities, churches, businesses and sponsors who we have been privileged to ride, support and work with.
Bucket & Spade by Numbers:
• The Bucket & Spade Ride was founded by Shoreline Church in 2010 as a fun peloton ride.
• In Year 1, 13 riders raised £1000.
• 6 years later, 457 riders have ridden The Bucket and Spade Ride and raised collectively over £115,000 for 124 local, national and international charities.
• The Ride is 75 miles and to date riders have travelled a combined 34,275 miles, or 1 and one-third times around the world!
• The Ride is relatively flat, but we average 641 ft elevation per rider, so in 6y of Bucket & Spade the peloton has climbed 292,937 feet, or 10 ascents of Everest!
• At an average of 2800 calories consumed per rider, the Ride has consumed a whopping 1,279,600 calories, or in cycling terms that’s 12,469 bananas!
We hope to be back soon with a revamped format.
Send us an email if you wish to be added to our mailing list.